I don’t know when I came upon this quote.
What I do remember is how it made me feel.
Stunned. Elated. Excited. Reinvigorated.
When I hit on truth, simple truth, universal truth, the little kid in me gets all revved up and excited.
The truth is, as long as there is one single breath inside of you, it’s NOT TOO LATE!
As a proud member of the Boomer generation, many of us grew up with a vastly different concept of midlife and aging in general. Birthday parties were celebrated with “over the hill” themes. Pensions and retirements were looked forward to. The golden years were far more of an ending than a beginning. You were more likely to rock in a rocking chair than to think about rocking your life.
Midlife, for me, was a beginning.
Midlife was a turning point.
Midlife was breathing new life into an old life – an old me – I had outgrown.
Breath is life.
As long as we can breathe, we can breathe new life into our lives.
Without breath, we have no life.
With breath, we have the power to change our lives.
I know because I almost took my last breath.
Not long ago, I was given the last rites.
I thought it was the end.
It was the beginning.
The beginning of a new beginning.
We can begin again at any age.
I know because I did, begin again.
At 55, I began a new life, a new me and a new beginning.
So can you!
If there is a dream in your heart, it exists for a reason. That is the voice of your soul. The voice of truth.
Your breath is the key to changing your life.
Your breath is the pathway to the present moment.
The present moment is the space between the past and the future.
The space between the past and the future is filled with infinite possibilities.
Spend more time in meditation, inside of yourself, that’s where the power to change your life exists.
It’s never too late.
To begin again.
To live again.
Cheers Beauties, To Life!
If you’re looking to breathe new life into your life, here are some tips to help you:
- Meditate! I know I might sound like a broken record, but meditation is the quickest way to transformation. The irony is that by slowing down, transformation speeds up. Meditation is the gateway to the present moment. The present moment is the portal to transformation. I swear by the Insight Timer App. Try out meditations by Davidji (he created the Oprah 21 day meditations!)
- Try out automatic writing. Get out your journal and set a timer. Now, put your pen to paper and allow anything and everything to pour out of you. Much of it may seem like “gobbledygook” and that’s the idea. Don’t think just write. In this way, you’re accessing your subconscious and giving it permission to get the “gunk” out.
- Remember to fill that space with gratitude. Once you’ve emptied your subconscious, write down 3 things you’re grateful for. Energy abhors a vacuum. Fill that space consciously and intentionally.
- Now, ask yourself what do I really really want? Allow the answer or answers to bubble up from inside of you. Pay attention to the deepest part of you speaking to you inside of you. That is the voice of your soul. The key to accessing this voice is to get really, really quiet. Meditation is the pathway to silence. This opens the pathway for you to hear the voice of your soul.
- Don’t forget to take action! If your soul tells you to write a book, schedule writing into your day. If your soul tells you to travel the world, begin creating a bucket list. If your soul tells you that you’re going to be a famous speaker, sign up for a Toastmasters group in your area. Take any simple action in the direction of your dreams.