Santa Barbara, CA
“Each of us has a story waiting to be revealed…whether only to ourselves or to the world.
What are you waiting for?” – Loretta Sayers
Today is a very special birthday blog post in honor of a very special person, Loretta Sayers – formerly known as “Countdown to 60.” The countdown officially ends today as the Forever Fierce Community celebrates 60 years of Loretta as she reinvents herself as the Introspective Adventurer!
I feel as if I’ve known Loretta forever. Midlife friendships are like that. We tend to cut through the sh*#t a lot faster. There’s no time for BS. There’s only time for kindness, friendship, and fun! As most of the Forever Fierce Tribe knows by now, Loretta has helped us lead the way to a movement within a movement with the launch of #ShieldsDown. There’s immense courage in vulnerability and our Fierce sister has it in spades. If you haven’t checked out her blog, make sure to head over to her newly renamed blog, The “Introspective Adventurer.” And, what an adventure it is to follow Loretta in her journey…that is…if you can keep up with her! She may be 60 but I can guarantee she’s not slowing down any time soon. You’ll not only get to know Loretta on her blog but be prepared to meet her partner in crime, the love of her life, the fabulous John Gavin. Yes, he looks like he belongs in the pages of GQ but he also has a heart of gold! And that heart belongs to the one and only Loretta!
I’m looking forward to an adventure of my own as I head up to Santa Barbara this weekend to celebrate with my fierce friend offline. I know…lucky me! In honor of Loretta’s 60th, I thought I would share a list of my 60 favorite things I love about Loretta. So, here goes!
- Her vulnerability is her strength.
- Her spontaneous, adventurous soul.
- She’s a fierce supporter who believes in lifting other women.
- She’s bright.
- She’s articulate.
- She is a brilliant writer with a gift for the perfect edit.
- She’s fun!
- You can count on her candor and honesty.
- She knows how to make other women feel special.
- She’s humble.
- She’s relatable.
- If you need her, she’ll be there.
- She treats others with respect.
- She is real.
- Her authenticity is refreshing.
- She’s not afraid to show the good, the bad and the ugly.
- She’s incredibly organized (Thank you FierceCon!)
- She’s a natural born teacher.
- She’s a natural born leader.
- She’s an amazing, loving Mother.
21. She is devoted to her husband and marriage.
22. She shares everything!
23. Her gorgeous supermodel cheekbones.
24. Her million dollar smile.
25. Her fearless way of changing hairstyles.
26. Her kindness.
27. Her friendship.
28. Following her adventures.
29. Learning her courageous journey.
30. Her beauty.
31. Her inner beauty.
32. Her heart.
33. She speaks her mind.
34. Her authentic voice.
35. Her commanding presence.
36. The sparkle in her eyes.
37. The beauty in her soul.
38. Her gift of language.
39. Her raucous laughter.
40. She doesn’t take herself seriously.
41. She lets her Shield Down.
42. She helps others let their Shield Down.
43. She’s a light.
44. She’s a Phoenix on the rise.
45. The endless devotion to her son.
46. Her unique gifts of creativity.
47. She’s an inspiration.
48. She’s a fierce warrior.
49. She’s an author to be.
50. She’s dedicated.
51. She’s fearless.
52. She’s fierce.
53. Her passion for life.
54. The fire in her soul.
55. Her love for travel.
56. She’s a road warrior.
57. Her husband skateboarded from Santa Barbara to Santa Monica in 11 hours. (110 miles)
58. When she’s in charge of an event, she channels Joan Crawford if you get off schedule.
59. She’s the youngest of 13 children.
60. She puts up with me.
60 isn’t what it used to be. Every single year is another year filled with wisdom and life experience. Loretta is a role model in the process of an inspirational reinvention. She’s rewiring and inspiring the Forever Fierce Community. Loretta is no longer counting down to 60 but don’t you worry as yours truly is waiting in the wings with 2 years to go! Happy Birthday, Loretta! I’m honored to celebrate 60 fierce and fabulous years on this planet with you. Cheers Beauty…here’s to many more!