Universal law 101: The universe operates via intention.
Humans operate via intention.
Intention is one of the most powerful spiritual concepts.
It’s also the operating vehicle for everything that’s manifested into creation.
Wayne Dyer’s book, “The Power of Intention,” made this concept very real for me.
I was able to grasp its meaning and begin to play with the power of intention.
What most people don’t realize is that oftentimes we have competing intentions – internal and external intentions – that are unconsciously competing with one another.
The greatest impediment to the power of intention and utilizing intention in creating your best life is unconsciousness.
The essence of the spiritual path and the intention of the spiritual journey is to make the unconscious conscious.
It’s to raise your awareness by raising your consciousness.
To evolve means to raise your consciousness.
In essence, to be a better human tomorrow than you are today – to be a more conscious human tomorrow than you are today.
Raising consciousness equals raising light or raising the amount of light inside of you – thus, lessening the shadows – those disowned parts of you shoved deep down inside – away from the light of your very own conscious mind.
Seeing what you don’t want to see.
Seeing what you must see.
To be more conscious.
Back to intention.
Energy flows via intention.
The trick is in knowing what our intention truly is.
Let’s use an extra simple real world situation as an example.
I’m asked out on a date. The guy isn’t someone I’m interested in but I say yes anyway. Why do I say yes? Because he has some friends I want to meet – friends I’m really interested in dating.
To him, it seems my intention is clear. I want to go out with him.
To me, my intention is really that I want to go out to meet his friends.
That’s an easy one. The intention is clear.
Here’s where it gets murky.
Let’s use another example.
I start dating a guy. I think I’m in love. He asks me to marry him. It all happens really fast. I say yes. I’ve always wanted to get married. I think he’s the one.
We each think our intention is clear. We intend to marry because we love each other.
It’s not long after I’m married that things turn upside down. It’s becoming clear, he didn’t really love me. He loved the idea of being married. It’s becoming clear to me, I didn’t really love him either. I barely knew him enough to love him. When I peel the layers back and look deep into the intention I had to get married, it wasn’t that I loved him. It was that I wanted to be taken care of. I wanted the idea of marriage. I wanted to be like my friends who were all married.
This is a very simplistic example of a complicated marriage and divorce – mine.
It’s also how intention or unconscious intentions mess up a lot of lives and a lot of marriages.
The point is that intention is always operating. Much of the time our real intention, our competing intention, the one that wins out and runs our lives, is way beneath our conscious radar.
One of the greatest lessons of my life, and also the most painful, is the power of intention.
Making our unconscious conscious is the key to making our intentions crystal clear.
If our lives aren’t headed to our true north, in the direction of our dreams, it’s up to us to change course.
It’s up to us to align our intention with our life. If we want our lives to change, we must examine our deepest intentions to see how we got to where we are. Then, and only then, can we change course by changing our intention, consciously.
Intention is the energetic operating system of a human.
Intention is everything.
Here is a Process you can use to harness the Power of Intention:
- Begin with meditation to bring you into the present moment.
- Get out your journal or a piece of paper.
- Write down your dream of where you want your life to be in 5 years. Write down everything. Write from your heart and not your mind. Where do you want to live? Who do you want to be by your side? Are you married? What does your home look like? What does your life feel like? Describe your life in every detail. Use your imagination wildly & freely.
- Now, write down your current life. Don’t judge. Write as an observer. Write down everything. Where do you live? Where do you work? Who are your friends? Do you have enough money? Who is by your side? Take stock of your current life but be sure not to judge yourself or your life.
- Now, examine your intention for the life you’re living today. Dive deep within. Now, write unconsciously. Write from your heart and soul. Ask yourself – What is my current intention? Once you are clear on it, write it down.
- Now, look at the life you want in 5 years. Can you see where the intention that created your current life doesn’t match with where you want to be in 5 years. If that’s the case, now is the time to create a new intention, consciously, that aligns with your future life in the present moment.
- Ask yourself: What intention would serve my life today to create the future life of my dreams? Allow the answer to come from deep inside of you. When the answer feels right, write down your new intention and keep it with you. Look at it daily. Imprint it into your subconscious. Trust that your new intention will help guide you to the steps to create your new life.
Remember, Beauties, that our future is created in the NOW.
If you want a different life in the future, you must do something different now.
Intention is the most powerful tool to transform your life and your future.
Everything in your life flows from the power of your intention. Get clear on that, Beauties, and watch as your life begins to transform.